Nothing beats the wonderful feeling of having nicely made home cooked meals after a long day at work. I am often asked by many of my friends about how I manage to cook my meals even during weekdays. The answer is simple – Make a quick and easy meal with minimal ingredients. Cooking should never be about slogging in the kitchen anyway! The cook also deserves to enjoy his/her cooking.
One of my favourite vegetable dish that I usually make during the week is my simple stir fried pumpkin. It uses just a few ingredients and requires very little effort.
If you’re a busy person and do not like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, why not give my fried pumpkin recipe a try?
Here’s how to cook my pan fried pumpkin:
STIR FRIED PUMPKIN RECIPE
(Recipe adapted from: kuali.com)
1 butternut pumpkin, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tbsp dried prawn shells
Dash of light soy sauce
Salt and sugar to taste
Canola or vegetable oil
• Heat a medium sized wok with some cooking oil.
• Add the dried prawn shells and stir fry until fragrant.
• Then, add the chopped garlic to the wok.
• Once the chopped garlic is slightly brown, add the butternut pumpkin.
• Mix the pumpkin with the prawn shells and garlic by tossing them lightly. Then season with light soy sauce, salt and sugar.
• Add some water. Bring to a boil.
• Once the pumpkin is to your desired softness, taste and add more seasoning if necessary.
• Serve hot with rice and a meat dish.
So there you have it – one of my favourite weekday dish revealed!
Do you have a favourite dish that you like to cook when you are really busy? Have you tried a dish like my stir fried pumpkin before?