Christmas is coming soon. Hence, my cooking marathon has begun! This end of year food feast, I’ve been looking for a great honey roasted cashews recipe for some time.
Christmas is a very exciting time for me. Almost every year, I will make sure to list down all the recipes of the dishes that I have always wanted to try but could not find time to make throughout the year. Then, I would go through all the alternative recipes and decide my Christmas menu. I some couldn’t stop thinking about making homemade honey roasted cashews.
So, I decided what other way to celebrate the year end than to make some honey glazed nuts?
I combined recipes from BestRecipes.com.au and Lifetimetv.co.uk to produce this all-time favourite roast nuts treat. And the result of my modification was a beautiful and completely addictive snack!
That’s just what I needed to help kick start my Christmas celebration! A great tasting honey coated nuts snack to complete my already extensive festive menu.
If you’re interested in making this lovely roast cashews snack, I have included a step-by-step guide on how you can make it.
Honey Roasted Cashews Recipe
½ cups honey
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp ground cinnamon (with the quantity halved)
4 cups unsalted roasted cashews
(If you have raw nuts, roast them in the oven at 120 C, turning them every 15 minutes until lightly browned.)
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp salt
1) Melt butter under low heat.
2) Meanwhile, mix the honey, butter and ½ tsp ground cinnamon in a saucepan.
3) Pour in the melted butter into honey mixture. Bring to boil over medium heat for around 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) After removing mixture from the heat, pour over the cashews and mix them thoroughly. Make sure the nuts are all coated in the honey mixture.
5) Spread the cashews on a paper-lined baking tray.
6) Roast in the oven at 160 C for about 10-15 minutes or until the cashews are lightly browned.
7) Combine the caster sugar, salt and remaining ½ tsp ground cinnamon in a big bowl.
8) Take out the cashews from the oven. Immediately put them in the bowl containing the sugar, salt and ground cinnamon. Toss to coat the nuts with the mixture.
9) Leave them to cool. When they are cool, transfer them to an air-tight jar.
Try this honey roasted cashews recipe this festive season. Share your lovely roast nuts with your family and friends during your next gathering. I’m sure they’ll love you for it!